Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New I-9 Verification Forms on April 3


Employers will be required to use a revised I-9 form beginning on April 3, 2009, for all new hires and to reverify any employee with expiring employment authorization.
The I-9 is the form employers must use to verify employment eligibility, Employment Eligibility Verification.


The current edition of Form I-9, dated 06/05/2007, will no longer be valid for use on or after April 3, 2009, according to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

You can find the new I-9 form here. The Handbook for Employers, Instructions for Completing the Form I-9 (M-274) is being updated to reflect these changes and will be published on the USCIS website in the near future. Here are more questions and answers about the new I-9 form and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment