Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Obama Surprises Us at Biden's Speech

Former President Bill Clinton backed Sen. Barack Obama in his speech on Wednesday night at the Pepsi Center as the crowd waited for vice presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden.

Clinton repeatedly had to ask the crowd to stop cheering so he could begin his speech. It reminded me of the good ole' days when President Clinton accepted the nomination 12 years ago with the Fleetwood Mac song Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow.

Of course, Joe Biden's charisma and substance shone through in his speech (and how cute is his family)!

The speeches were great, but I'll admit I was lamenting the fact that we had to wait all the way until the last night of the convention to hear from Barack Obama. Then he surprised us all by taking the stage and addressing the crowd. "Hello Democrats," he said. "I want to everyone to now understand why I am so proud to have Joe Biden . . . and the entire Biden family with me on this journey to take America back." Can't wait for Obama's acceptance speech tomorrow night on the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech. I have goose bumps already!