Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Marijuana and Employment Rights - Hearsay Radio Interview Video
Attorneys Kimberlie Ryan and Holli Hartman presented a Point/Counterpoint interview on Law Week Colorado's Hearsay Radio about Colorado Amendment 64 rights and workplace issues. Kim primarily represents workers, and Holli represents employers. They both were appointed by the Governor’s office to serve on the AMENDMENT 64 IMPLEMENTATION TASK FORCE’S TAX FUNDING CIVIL LAW WORK GROUP based on their expertise and experience as employment lawyers.
Some of the topics explored by the attorneys and reporters James Carlson and David Forster include:
* Background about the Colorado Amendment 64 Implementation Task Force and the Civil Law Tax Funding Work Group
* Questions about possible legislation impacting worker rights and employer drug-testing policies
* Highlights of pending court cases in Colorado state and federal courts for medical marijuana patients
* Differences between Colorado's Amendment 20 medical marijuana cases and Amendment 64 adult use cases
* Potential legal challenges facing employers who wrongfully terminate their employees for exercising their Colorado state Constitutional rights, and employer arguments for zero-tolerance drug policies
The video/audio of the radio show can be viewed here.
The interview is approximately 35 minutes, with one commercial break at 20. The interview was conducted on March 8, 2013.
Ryan Law Firm, LLC