Sunday, September 07, 2008

Calling All Angels - Childrens Books to Guatemala


The children need your help.

I am calling all Angels to help me find a way to transport about 25 boxes of childrens' books and text books to Guatemala.

In honor of my brother, Aaron, who passed away last year at age 29, I set out to help the children of the little village of San Bernabe to create a library after I learned they had no books. With the help of all of our wonderful friends and supporters, we have more than tripled our first contribution of books.

And the children have been enjoying them immensely.


The beautiful children and teachers of Peace with Christ Christian School in Aurora, Colorado, set out last year to collect books for their sisters and brothers in the little village of San Bernabe. They far exceeded my expectations!

They collected so many books I now must ask for help in getting the books to Guatemala. Mail isn't feasible, so we're looking for someone to sponsor the cost of flying the books to Guatemala City and transporting them to the nearby city of Antigua. Perhaps your company has a program for giving, or maybe you have a connection with an airline or delivery service. Maybe you're a member of a church or club that could help. We're open to other creative solutions too!

If you can help, please e-mail me at kim@ryanfirm.com. Please feel free to pass this along to anyone who might be interested. I am grateful for you all!

Many thanks,

Kim

Subscribe to Kimberlie Ryan's Working Wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment